4.11.2012

Be Yourself #5

RELAX.




This one sounds great doesn't it! Finally, something we all enjoy doing. But can we do it when we want to? This means relax about ourselves. Don't take yourself too seriously. We are not going to die if someone sees something stuck in our teeth or if we slip on the sidewalk or in my case, (this is a good one and really happened to me) get my bike tire stuck in a rain grate and end up in a handstand with my feet in the foot clips in front of a line of stopped traffic. It was a little embarrassing but funny and I have to say it was an AMAZING handstand. After falling completely on the ground I had to pull my bike tire out of the grate, brush myself off and continue on the bike past all the cars who just saw mw wipe out, I definitely got an applause from a whole carload of college guys along with ROARING laughter. Think about it. It was funny!! When our reactions to things are relaxed, open and present other people feel able to connect.

I learned a funny thing the other day from someone very close to me. He doesn't mind if people single him out for the laugh. If he has done something to attract attention to himself, he believes it relieves attention from someone else who may not feel able to handle the joke or the mean behavior. He doesn't take anything personally. He really believes the person who has the problem is the person making the comments. He would rather be the one they target if it has to be someone. This is coming from someone who is not particularly out going or attention seeking. His attitude has come to be that way because he has relaxed about himself.

RELAX.


            Laugh at yourself.


                                  Let other people giggle.


                                                             Move forward and Cultivate.

No comments:

Post a Comment