5.06.2012

Be Yourself #7





Whether it's your sense of style, or even your manner of speaking, if your preferred way of doing something strays from the mainstream and produces positive outcomes, then be proud of it. Be a character, not a type. 


Learn to communicate well - the better you can express yourself, the easier it is for the people who like you as you are to find you and the ones who don't to just steer clear.


For some it is easy to be themselves. What they believe in religiously, culturally and politically could be considered mainstream so there is no fight in the rowboat; Everyone is paddling in the same way at the same time.


and then there is the rest of us.


Some of what I appear to be fits in very nicely with the world around me. Some of it does not. I have chosen to live and work in places seasonally for now. I do not take my 2 weeks a year vacation and like it, nor do I believe I have to suffer through many things just to be polite. I don't cut my hair every 6 to 8 weeks. I don't strive to drive a new car.


I get along with people who want and do those things and when asked I communicate, without feeling threatened, that I chose these things. I confide in people, more often, who think closer to the way I perceive the worlds important pieces. I chose to not own a home yet or base everything on my salary and making money. I wear flip flops most of the year and don't wear make up most of the time. While I don't think I really challenge what fits into society, I am not the mainstream. I like it that way. If we didn't have individuals of all shapes, colors, sizes wearing all sorts of different styles, our country would look like a mono crop field, boring, ugly and ultimately unsustainable. I am an individual. You are and individual. 


Our country as a whole is based in the importance of the individual, so if you are in the US, embrace that and let us know who you really are. I hope other places in the world embrace al least this part of our culture. Ultimately, once introduced to a wider variety of people, you will find your tribe. Why would you want to fit into the mold if you are really something else. There are really no "dorks", people are just into different things. As we grow, hopefully we realize that and go out and surround ourselves with supportive, like minded people. So, learn to communicate well. Share what you think is important or cool or amazing. Leave the rest and cultivate what you are good at and what interests you. This will be important for the world too. We want your happiness and small sun seed to grow in the world. 




Be Yourself.


                    Be and individual.


                                         
                                          Move forward and cultivate!!













No comments:

Post a Comment