3.12.2012

The Burning Question

I have been loving this series from Danielle LaPorte that encourages us to ask questions of ourselves. Real. Hard. Work. Asking questions of ourselves forces us to take a look at where we think we are in life and puts a magnifying glass on what we have been focusing on. When we take a look we may be stoked! OR we may be saying, "I need to start focusing on something that REALLY matters....to ME."

THIS WEEK'S BURNING QUESTION:

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO STOP DOING?


I would like to stop:

 "teeter tottering between confidence and negative thinking. How about a constant confidence streak. Sounds good." "looking at what other people are doing and thinking I should be doing that at this age." "Undercutting my experience." "Not looking at my life experience as experience." "Assuming I know what other people are thinking."

I am a Scorpio, I try to rush people's speech along because I sometimes think I already know the point they are going to make. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. Either way it's an assumption.

So add to the list, "Assuming I know what people are going to say."

"Being nervous about my future."

Let's talk about that one. Unless the world has shown you that is is CONSTANTLY a negative, awful, hateful, painful place, what reason would you have to think it is constantly going to be like that in the future? Is it like that right now? For me it may only be like that because I am presently making myself believe that by no other reason or source than my silly human mind.

In reality I am in a safe space, it is warm, my man has just lovingly made me an iced coffee and is making breakfast as I am typing this. I am above and beyond my basic human needs being met. Still I worry. Not ALL the time but that thought slips in there most days for a little bit like a frenemy. Mostly it is about having enough when I am old, having enough for society to think I have made it. What does that even mean? I don't even know these people.

That is my biggest one (for now) and I would like to point out that it took a little bit to get there. It took a writer's rant, a stream of consciousness and ideas.

Don't edit. 


               Get it out. 


                              Dig. 


                                  Be present and cultivate.


"Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love."
                                                                                               -Don Miguel Ruiz- The Four Agreements












No comments:

Post a Comment